The sudden surge in energy prices has made it “really” uneconomical to run Inverters all the time. However, we are not tough enough to tolerate the extreme hot and cold weather as well.
Since inverters can be kept on all the time, We have to heat up and cool down the environment in some other ways. Here are a few heating and cooling tips that would help you in keeping the house environment favorable.
Heating the house is quite easier than keeping it cool. To keep your house nice and warm, read and follow the following tips;
- If you do not want to do much yet keep your house warm, keep the Windows open to let the sunshine in. Open up the windows when the sun is at its peak and be quick in closing again when it begins disappearing
- Give your trees a good trim. Don’t feel bad as the trees block the sunshine that you need to warm up the house
- Check all the open spots and seal them well. The ducks, plug doors, and window leaks are the major causes of heat loss. Hire a professional and get them fixed as soon as possible
- The heating system loses efficiency when it gets old. Upgrade it, it will cost you a few dollars but would help save you hundreds
- If you use the forced-air system, keep changing the furnace filter frequently. Changing the furnace filter would not be heavy on your pocket, however, it will not help you heat up the house but save energy costs as well
- Move the furniture away from the radiator to let the hot air circulate all around the house
Cooling the house is a bit tricky but not that hard. I prefer to hire my near heating and cooling company Austin texas. You have brought small changes to bring a noticeable change to your house’s environment. Here are a few things you can do to cool down the environment;
- A cool roof is the most effective way of cooling the house without an air conditioner. Therefore, getting the cool roof installed, would only cost you a few hundred dollars
- Keep the windows, doors, and other vents closed when the sun is at its peak. The cool air would not escape, it would rather keep circulating inside the house
- The appliances generate and spread heat as well. Therefore, be quick in switching them off once the need is over. You will notice a big differenc
- Install the Attic ventilator, if you do not have one already. The Attic Ventilator would evacuate the hot air and draw in the cool fresh air
- Run the fan and the AC both at the same time for a good 2 to 3 hours a day. An Air Conditioner alone can not distribute the cool air evenly. Therefore, you have to hand over the air distribution job to the ceiling fan
- Do not trim the tree branches and add some air-purifying houseplants to bring down the temperature and improve the air quality. Besides regulating the temperature and improving the air quality, these plants would remove harmful pollutants as well.