It’s pretty easy to pick up the rubbish from your room, living room, or kitchen, and throw it in the bin. However, while making our room, living room, and kitchen, the other parts of our home clean we forget the bin needs a thorough cleaning as well.
If it’s not cleaned every once in a while, the bin would begin to stink and in no time it will spread to your entire home. Moreover, the dirty bin would start attracting flies and insects as well. There would be more things to do than bin washing, getting rid of flies, insects, and bad odor.
Therefore, before things get worse you have to take charge and clean the bin. It’s a pretty nasty job but you have no choice. If you are having a hard cleaning your bins, here are the 3 cleaning tips that would make it all easy;
If you keep a bin bag in the bin
If you keep a bag in the bin, it would be pretty easy to clean the bin. Here’s how you can do it;
- Throw the garbage and remove the bag; The first thing you have to do is get rid of the garbage and remove the bin bag.
- Wipe off the moisture content; As soon as the bin bag is removed, you would notice a moisture content in the bottom. The goal at this point should be to get rid of moisture. You can take a clean cloth and wipe off the moisture content.
- Spray disinfectant, place the new bin bag; Take a good disinfectant, and spray evenly. Leave it for a good 3 to 4 minutes and wipe it off as well. Give your bin some time then place a fresh bin bag to keep it fresh and clean.
If you do not keep the bin bag in the bin
If you do not keep the bin bag in the bin, the cleaning job would be a bit messier. Here’s how you clean the bin in three steps;
- Get rid of the garbage and debris; Empty the bin to get set on the bin cleaning mission. Examine the bin and spot the debris. Getting rid of debris at a point is important otherwise it will get harder to remove. Therefore, scrape off the debris with a hard-bristled brush as much as you can.
- Let the cleaning solution do its magic; As soon as the debris is removed, you have to moisten the bin thoroughly and put a cleaning solution in the bin. Rub with a mop or brush to spread and clean the bin evenly. Try using a ready-made cleaning solution as the DIY ones are not strong enough to clean the bin in one go.
Rinse thoroughly; Now is the time to rinse the bin thoroughly. Rotate the bin and rinse the bin thoroughly with fresh water. Leave it for a few minutes to dry and begin using it as you normally do. If you do not want to go through this messy process again, insert the bin bag.